Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Advances in Family Practice Nursing
- (2021). Implementing screening for social determinants of health using the Core 5 screening tool.Br J Med (Bjm) Open Qual. 2021; https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjoq-2021-001362
- Taking action on the social determinants of health in clinical practice: A framework for health professionals.Can Med Assoc J (Cmaj). 2016; 188: 17-18
- Population health: creating a culture of wellness. Jones & Bartlett, Burlington, MA2021
- Effects of socioeconomic status on physical and psychological health: Lifestyle as a mediator.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2019; 6: 281
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine, (2019). Integrating social care into the delivery of health care: moving upstream to improve the nation’s health, U.S. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine, United States, 2019 Available at: http://nap.nationalacademies.org/25467, Accessed October 3, 2022. doi:10.17226/25467.
- Vision for a systems architecture to integrate and transform population health.Proc Natl Acad Sci (Pnas). 2018; 9: 2018
- Women’s health: Population patterns and social determinants.Annu Rev. 2022; 48: 277-298
- Social determinants of health: Know what affects health.(Available at:)
- A review of tools to screen for social determinants of health in the United States: A practice brief.Popul Health Management. 2020; 23https://doi.org/10.1089/pop.2019.0518
National Association of Community Health Centers, Protocol for responding to and assessing patients’ assets, risks, and experiences tool (PRAPARE) Available at: 2019. https://prapare.org/. Accessed August 30, 2022.
American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), Social determinants of health guide to social needs screening, The EveryOne Project, 2018 Available at: https://www.aafp.org/dam/AAFP/documents/patient_care/everyone_project/hops19-physician-guide-sdoh.pdf. Accessed August 30, 2022.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Accountable health communities’ health-related social needs screening tool (AHC-HRSN) Available at 2017. https://innovation.cms.gov/files/worksheets/ahcm-screeningtool.pdf. Accessed September 16, 2022.
- SOAP notes. [Updated 2021 sep 2]. In: StatPearls [internet].StatPearls Publishing, Treasure Island (FL)2022 (Available at:)
- NCQA.org. MCQA Guidelines.(Available at:)Accessed August 12, 2022)
- Coding Guide.(Available at:)Accessed August 12, 2022)
American Hospital Association (AHA), ICD-10-CM coding for social determinants of health Available at: 2022. Available at: https://www.aha.org/system/files/2018-04/value-initiative-icd-10-code-social-determinants-of-health.pdf. Accessed August 31, 2022.
American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). (2021). 99202-99215: Office/outpatient E/M coding in 2021 Available at: https://www.aapc.com/evaluation-management/em-codes-changes-2021.aspx. Accessed August 31, 2022.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Evaluation and management services guide: MLN booklet, MLN00674 January 2022 Available at: 2022. https://www.cms.gov/outreach- and-education/medicare-learning-network-mln/mlnproducts/downloads/eval-mgmt-serv- guide-icn006764.pdf. Accessed August 31, 2022.
- The adoption of social determinants of health documentation in clinical settings.Health Services Research, 2022: 1-11https://doi.org/10.1111/1475-6773.14039
- The essentials: Core competencies for professional nursing education.(Available at:)
- Tipping point: Integrating social determinants of health concepts in a college of nursing.J Nurs Educ. 2021; 60: 703-706