To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Advances in Family Practice Nursing
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Asthma.(Available at:)Accessed June 13, 2022)
- Vital signs: asthma in children-United States, 2001-2016.MMWR. 2018; 67: 149-155
- Overview of severe asthma, with emphasis on pediatric patients: a review for practitioners.J Investig Med. 2021; 69: 1297-1309
- Childhood asthma - the effect of asthma specialist intervention on asthma control: a retrospective review.J Asthma Allergy. 2021; 14: 1367-1373
- Asthma in children: a brief review for primary care providers.Pediatr Ann. 2019; 48: e103-e109
- Expert Panel Report 3: guidelines for the diagnosis and management of asthma. Full report 2007.U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, Washington, DC2007 (Available at:)
- J. Asthma.Pediatr Rev. 2019; 40: 549-567https://doi.org/10.1542/pir.2018-0282
- Asthma: definitions and pathophysiology.Int Forum Allergy Rhinol. 2015; 5: S2-S6
- What is asthma? Pathophysiology, demographics, and health care costs.Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2014 Feb; 47: 13-22
- An approach to the management of children with problematic severe asthma.Acta Biomed. 2020; 91: e2020055
Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA 2022). Global Strategy for Asthma Management and Prevention. Available at: https://ginasthma.org/. Accessed October 14, 2022.
- International consensus on (icon) pediatric asthma.Allergy. 2012; https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1398-9995.2012.02865.x
- Asthma: Differential Diagnosis and Comorbidities.Front Pediatr. 2018; 6: 276
- 2020 Focused Updates to the Asthma Management Guidelines: A Report from the National Asthma Education and Prevention Program Coordinating Committee Expert Panel Working Group.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2020; 146: 1217-1270
- 2020 NAEPP Guidelines Update and GINA 2021-Asthma Care Differences, Overlap, and Challenges.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2022; 10: S19-S30
- A Single Inhaler Combining a Corticosteroid and Long-Acting Beta-2 Agonist for Maintenance with Additional Doses for Reliever Therapy (SMART): Obstacles for Asthma Patients in the USA.Pediatr Allergy Immunol Pulmonology. 2021; 34: 73-75
- Pediatric Pulmonology 2020 year in review: Asthma.Pediatr Pulmonology. 2021; 56: 2455-2459
- Treatment of mild-to-moderate asthma in childhood and adolescence in 2021.Lancet Respir Med. 2021; 9: 443-445
- A Practical Guide to Implementing SMART in Asthma Management.J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2022; 10: S31-S38
© 2022 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.