Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Advances in Family Practice Nursing
- The Risks of Marijuana Use During Pregnancy.JAMA. 2017; 317: 129-130
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Key substance use and mental health indicators in the United States: results from the 2020 national survey on drug use and health (HHS publication No. PEP21-07-01-003, NSDUH series H-56), Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Rockville, MD, 2021 Available at: https://www.samhsa.gov/data/. Accessed August 12, 2022.
- Pregnant People's Perspectives On cannabis Use During Pregnancy: A Systematic Review and Integrative Mixed-Methods Research Synthesis.J Midwifery women's Health. 2022; 67: 354-372
Narconon, History of Marijuana Use Available at: 2022. https://www.narconon.org/drug-information/marijuana-history.html. Accessed August 12, 2022.
Britannica ProCon, Historical Timeline: History of Marijuana Available at: 2022. https://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/historical-timeline/. Accessed August 12, 2022.
- cannabis: Does it have a medicinal value?.Indian J Psychiatry. 2017; 59: 262
- Medical Marijuana Laws and cannabis Use: Intersections of Health and Policy.JAMA Psychiatry. 2017; 74: 559-560
- Pharmacology and effects of cannabis: A brief review.Br J Psychiatry. 2001; 178: 101-106
- Marihuana chemistry.Science. 1970; 168: 1159-1166
- Historical perspective on the medical use of cannabis for epilepsy: ancient times to the 1980s.Epilepsy Behav. 2017; 70: 298-301
- Do cannabinoids confer neuroprotection against epilepsy? An overview.Open Neurol J. 2017; 11: 61
- Anticonvulsant nature of marihuana smoking.JAMA. 1975; 234: 306-307
J.R. Biden Jr., A Proclamation on Granting Pardon for the Offense of Simple Marijuana Possession. The White House Briefing Room Available at: 2022. https://www.npr.org/2022/10/10/1127708285/marijuana-pardon-biden-black-people-war-on-drugs-harm. Accessed August 12, 2022.
A. Wise, Bident pot pardon to help reverse war on drugs harm to Black people, advocates say, National Public Radio, 2022 Available at: https://www.npr.org/2022/10/10/1127708285/marijuana-pardon-biden-black-people-war-on-drugs-harm. Accessed August 12, 2022.
- A Comprehensive Review of Cannabis Potency in the United States in the Last Decade.Biol Psychiatry Cogn Neurosci Neuroimaging. 2021; 6: 603-606
NIDA, February 5. Synthetic Cannabinoids (K2/Spice) DrugFacts Available at: 2018. https://nida.nih.gov/publications/drugfacts/synthetic-cannabinoids-k2spice. Accessed August 12, 2022.
DISA, Marijuana Legality by State Available at: 2022. https://disa.com/maps/marijuana-legality-by-state. Accessed August 12, 2022.
DEA, Drug Fact Sheet: Fentanyl Available at: 2020. https://www.dea.gov/factsheets/fentanyl#:∼:text=Fentanyl%20is%20a%20synthetic%20opioid,100%20times%20stronger%20than%20morphine. Accessed August 12, 2022.
- Fentanyl-laced street drugs "kill hundreds".Lancet. 2006; 368: 569-570
- A kinder, gentler drug war? Race, drugs, and punishment in 21st century America.Punishment Soc. 2020; 22: 509-533
Drug Policy Alliance, A History of the Drug War Available at: 2022. https://drugpolicy.org/issues/brief-history-drug-war. Accessed August 12, 2022.
NORML Foundation, Marijuana Arrests Fall Precipitously Nationwide in 2020 Available at: 2022. https://norml.org/blog/2021/09/27/marijuana-arrests-fall-precipitously-nationwide-in-2020/. Accessed August 12, 2022.
Guttmacher Institute, Substance Use During Pregnancy Available at: 2022. https://www.guttmacher.org/state-policy/explore/substance-use-during-pregnancy. Accessed August 12, 2022.
- Clinician responses to cannabis use during pregnancy and lactation: a systematic review and integrative mixed-methods research synthesis.Fam Pract. 2022; 39: 504-514
- The impact of state legalization on rates of marijuana use in pregnancy in a universal drug screening population.J Maternal-Fetal Neonatal Med. 2022; 35: 1660-1667
- Treatments for Hyperemesis Gravidarum and Nausea and Vomiting in Pregnancy: A Systematic Review.JAMA. 2016; 316: 1392-1401
- Hyperemesis Gravidarum: Strategies to Improve Outcomes.J Infus Nurs. 2020; 43: 78-96
- Regulation of nausea and vomiting by cannabinoids.Br J Pharmacol. 2011; 163: 1411-1422
- Structure of a cannabinoid receptor and functional expression of the cloned cDNA.Nature. 1990; 346: 561-564
- The effectiveness of common cannabis products for treatment of nausea.J Clin Gastroenterol. 2022; 56: 331-338
- Principles and practice of sleep medicine.Elsevier, Philadelphia, PA2017
- Interventions for sleep problems during pregnancy: a systematic review.Sleep Med Rev. 2020; 50: 101234
- Marijuana use patterns and sleep among community-based young adults.J Addict Dis. 2016; 35: 135-143
- Marijuana use and sleep quality during pregnancy.J Maternal-Fetal Neonatal Med. 2021; 35: 7857-7864
- Association of Depression, Anxiety, and Trauma With Cannabis Use During Pregnancy.JAMA Netw Open. 2020; 3: e1921333
- Beliefs and attitudes regarding prenatal marijuana use: perspectives of pregnant women who report use.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2019; 196: 14-20
- cannabis use during pregnancy: pharmacokinetics and effects on child development.Pharmacol Ther. 2018; 182: 133-151
- Maternal cannabis use in pregnancy and child neurodevelopmental outcomes.Nat Med. 2020; 26: 1536-1540
- Committee Opinion No. 722. Marijuana use during pregnancy and lactation.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 130 (American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists): e205-e209
- Marijuana Use by Breastfeeding Mothers and Cannabinoid Concentrations in Breast Milk.Pediatrics. 2018; 142: e20181076
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), Marijuana and Pregnancy Available at: https://www.acog.org/-/media/project/acog/acogorg/womens-health/files/infographics/marijuana-and-pregnancy.pdf?la=en&hash=8A0BAAF57A1AF22F663045414C977ECB. Accessed August 12, 2022.
J. Ecker, A. Abuhamad, W. Hill, et al., Substance use disorders in pregnancy: clinical, ethical, and research imperatives of the opioid epidemic: a report of a joint workshop of the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, and American Society of Addiction Medicine, Am J Obstet Gynecol 221 (1) (2019) B5–B28 Available at: https://www.smfm.org/publications/275-smfm-special-report-substance-use-disorders-in-pregnancy-clinical-ethical-and-research-imperatives-of-the-opioid-epidemic. Accessed August 12, 2022.
K. Hyams, N. Prater, J. Rohovit, et al., Person-centered language. Clinical Tip No, 8 Available at: 2018. https://www.mhanational.org/person-centered-language. Accessed August 12, 2022.